Yeon Woo Jin recently gains attention because of his appearance in the Kdrama ‘Thirty-Nine’ as Kim Seon Woo, a dermatologist who works and falls in love with Cha Mi Jo (Son Ye Jin). If you wonder who Yeon Woo Jin is, here we give you his profile and fascinating facts you need to know, including his ideal type, net worth, and more.
Yeon Woo Jin Profile
Name: Yeon Woo-Jin
Birth Name: Kim Bong-Hwe (김봉회)
Born: July 5, 1984
Birthplace: Gangneung, Gangwon-do, South Korea
Height: 182 cm
Agency: Jump Entertainment
Fascinating Facts about Yeon Woo Jin
1. Previous education
He once opened up that he wasn’t popular at school. He even overheard some of his female classmates talked bad about him, which traumatized him.
“One of the only places I was able to occasionally meet girls was at my after-school academy. One day, I got to class early and because I wasn’t feeling well, I was lying face-down on my desk [with my head hidden in my arms]. Then a bunch of girls came in giggling and started talking about me… because I was lying face-down [and they couldn’t see me], they started saying how they thought I was short and unattractive right in front of me.”Yeon Woo Jin
Though Yeon Woo Jin is now popular as a talented actor, he s actually a graduate of Civil Environmental Engineering from Sejong University.
2. Yeon Woo Jin Debut as a model
Yeon Woo Jin started his career in the entertainment industry as a fashion model at the 2007 Seoul Fashion Week for a famous jeans brand. At that time, he used a stage name Seo Ji Hoo.
3. Changing name more than once
As written in Yeon Woo Jin profile, he was born Kim Bong Hwe in July 1984. He started to change his name when he entered the entertainment industry. His first stage name was Seo Ji Hoo, which later the management changed to Yeon Woo Jin.
Despite his real and stage names, Yeon Woo Jin is nicknamed ‘Kiss Expert’ due to his many kiss scenes in romance drama. He even got nominated for ‘Best Kiss Award’ twice in the same year; one with Park Min Young and another one with Park Hye Su.
“I really did practice with dolls back then. Because back when I was still a rookie actor, I was so nervous, and I didn’t know what to do. And since all my [co-stars] were my seniors in terms of acting, I couldn’t just take the lead.”Yeon Woo Jin
4. Yeon Woo Jin’s acting debut
Still using the stage name Seo Ji Hoo, he made his acting debut in the film ‘Just Friends?’ in 2009 as Kang Min Soo. He started gaining recognition for his role as the youngest brother in ‘Ojakgyo Family.’
Yeon Woo Jin’s first lead role was in ‘Just an Ordinary Love Story’ where he fell in love with his brother’s murderer.
5. Acting in various genres
Although Yeon Woo Jin started his acting career with a romantic comedy, he dares to accept roles in different genres. Yeon Woo Jin also proves his excellent acting skills in Sageuk dramas, like ‘Arang and the Magistrate’ and ‘Queen for Seven Days.’
Not only that, but Yeon Woo Jin also played in the medical exorcism drama, ‘Priest.’
And in 2022, Yeon Woo Jin is back to the romance drama, ‘Thirty-Nine’ with Son Ye Jin, and other famous Korean actors.
6. Yeon Woo Jin as cameos
We can’t deny the facts that Yeon Woo Jin has an excellent acting skill and can steal attention though he appears as a cameo. It’s undeniable that Yeon Woo Jin appearance as a cameo in ‘Cinderella’s Sister’ was captivating. However, he only had a very few scene that some Kdrama fans didn’t notice.
Not only did Yeon Woo Jin appear as a cameo in several Kdramas (‘My Love from the Star,’ ‘Secret Love,’ and ‘Another Miss Oh’), but also movies. He was a cameo as King Hyo Jong in ‘Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River’
Yeon Woo Jin in movies:
- Special Delivery (특송) | 2022 as Doo Shik
- Serve the People / Service (복무하라) | 2021 as Moo Gwang
- Where There Is No One / Shades of the Heart (아무도 없는 곳) | 2021 as Chang Seok
- Unfinished (출국) | 2018 as Choi Moo Hyeok
- Mongolian Love Story / Anu and Huyga (아노와 호이가) | 2018 as Hyuga
- The Princess and the Matchmaker (궁합) | 2018 as Yoon Shi Kyung
- The Table (더 테이블) | 2017 as Yun Chul
- Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River (봉이 김선달) | 2016 as King Hyo Jong
- Revivre (화장) | 2015 as Kim Min Soo
- Tunnel 3D (터널 3D) | 2014 as Dong Joon
- We Fly High (우리는 하늘을 날았다) | 2011 as Seung-gi
- Just Friends? (친구사이) | 2009 as Kang Min-soo
Yeon Woo Jin in Kdrama series:
- Thirty-Nine (서른, 아홉) | 2022, JTBC as Kim Seon Woo
- Undercover (언더커버) | 2021, JTBC as Young Han Jung Hyun
- Search (써치) | 2020, OCN as Cho Min Guk
- I Wanna Hear Your Song (너의 노래를 들려줘) | 2019, KBS2 as Jang Yoon
- Priest (프리스트) | 2018, OCN as Oh Soo Min
- Judge vs. Judge (이판사판) | 2017, SBS as Sa Eui Hyun
- Queen for Seven Days (7일의 왕비) | 2017, KBS2 as Yi Yeok
- Introverted Boss (내성적인 보스) | 2017, tvN as Eun Hwan Ki
- Another Miss Oh (또! 오해영) | 2016, tvN as Gong Gi Tae
- Divorce Lawyer in Love (이혼변호사는 연애중) | 2015, SBS as So Jung Woo
- Marriage, Not Dating (연애 말고 결혼) | 2014, tvN as Gong Ki Tae
- My Love from the Star (별에서 온 그대) | 2014, SBS as Lee Han Kyung (cameo)
- Secret Love (시크릿 러브) | 2014, DRAMACUBE as Jang Hyeon Jin
- When A Man’s in Love (남자가 사랑할 때) | 2013, MBC as Lee Jae Hee
- Arang and the Magistrate (아랑사또전) | 2012, MBC as Choi Joo Wal
- Just an Ordinary Love Story (보통의 연애) | 2012, KBS2 as Han Jae Gwang
- Ojakgyo Family (오작교 형제들) | 2011, KBS2 as Hwang Tae Pil
- All My Love For You (몽땅 내 사랑) | 2010, MBC as Bang Woo Jin
- Cinderella’s Sister (신데렐라 언니) | 2010, KBS2 as Dong Soo
8. Best Actor Yeon Woo Jin
In 2012, actor Yeon Woo Jin gained the most precious recognition as ‘The Best Actor in a One-Act/Short Drama’ for his role in ‘Just an Ordinary Love’ at the KBS Drama Awards. Following his success, he has been nominated for several awards:
- Best New Actor (Arang and the Magistrate) – MBC Drama Awards 2012
- Excellence Award, Actor (When a Man’s in Love) – 6th Korea Drama Awards 2013
- Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries (Divorce Lawyer in Love) – SBS Drama Awards 2015
- Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Wednesday–Thursday Drama (Judge vs. Judge) – SBS Drama Awards 2017
- Best Couple Award (with Park Eun Bin – Judge vs. Judge) – SBS Drama Awards 2017
- Actor of the Year (Queen for Seven Days) – 13th Soompi Awards 2018
- Best Kiss Award (with Park Min Young – Queen for Seven Days) – 13th Soompi Awards 2018
- Best Kiss Award (with Park Hye Su – Introverted Boss) – 13th Soompi Awards 2018
- Best Couple Award (with Kim Se Jeong – I Wanna Hear Your Song) – KBS Drama Awards 2019
9. Yeon Woo Jin’s Ideal Type
In 2014, Yeon Woo Jin told Vogue girl that his ideal type is a woman who is like a friend. It would be great, he thinks, if they can share similar hobbies and have similar food preferences.
When Yeon Woo Jin was asked to mention one name as his ideal type, he said, “I like Eastern looks like Jung Yoo Mi.”
However, one of the facts we need to know about Yeon Woo Jin is that he’s not good at confessing feelings. It seems that Yeon Woo Jin needs someone who can take initiative.
“I think I’m the type to not make a move. I’m not good at confessing my feelings.”Yeon Woo Jin
Yeon Woo Jin recalled a moment when a woman contacted him first,
“There was one time when a woman I liked contacted me first. She asked me what I was doing that weekend, and I thought, ‘Oh! This is an opportunity. I should express my feelings today.’ So I went to meet her, and she told me that there was someone she liked. She wanted to ask me first what I thought of him.”Yeon Woo Jin
He continued with a laugh,
“So, I badmouthed him a lot and told her, ‘He’s no good. I don’t think you should go for that kind of guy. Don’t date him.’ And then I drank a lot of alcohol later that day.”Yeon Woo Jin
10. Yeon Woo Jin Net worth
Have you wondered with so much experience, excellent acting skill, and gorgeous visual, how much is Yeon Woo Jin net worth?
It is estimated that Yeon Woo Jin’s salary is at US$40,000 to US$45,000 per episode in 2022. Therefore, Yeon Woo Jin estimated net worth is US$5-12 million for now.
Have you watched the recent Kdrama ‘Thirty-Nine’ starring Yeon Woo Jin and Son Ye Jin?
More to read about Kdrama:
- Top 10 Most Paid Korean Drama Actors in 2020
- Fall in Love with These 10+ Filming Locations of ‘Forecasting Love and Weather’
- 10 Recommended ‘Hot and Steamy’ Kdramas – #9 Will Make Your Heart Race
- “Our Blues” Kdrama EXCITING Facts, Healing Story & Release Date Starring Shin Min Ah, Kim Woo Bin, Lee Byung Hun
- 3 Korean Drama Series “Monstrous,” “Work Later, Drink Now,” and “Damn Good Company” to Screen at the 2022 Cannes International Series Festival