The second annual Blue Dragon Series Awards (BSA) 2023 announced the winners! Find the complete list below.
The Winners of the 2nd Blue Dragon Series Awards in 2023
In 2022, Sports Chosun, renowned for hosting the prestigious annual Blue Dragon Film Awards, took a step further by introducing Korea’s first award ceremony dedicated exclusively to streaming platforms.
The Blue Dragon Series Awards aims to recognize excellence in dramas and variety shows produced by streaming services. These awards distinguish themselves from television networks by focusing on original content.
The Blue Dragon Series Awards (BSA) officially announced the nominees for the year 2023 on June 26. The nominated works comprise a diverse range of streaming Korean drama series, Korean variety shows, and Korean educational programs released between May 1, 2022, and May 31, 2023.
MC and Presenters
On July 19, the star-studded 2023 Blue Dragon Series Awards ceremony took place at Incheon’s Paradise City, with the charismatic duo of Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and Jun Hyun Moo returning as hosts.
Furthermore, a stunning lineup of Korean stars, including Kang Ho Dong, Gong Hyo Jin, Koo Kyo Hwan, Kim Go Eun, Kim Sung Chul, Kim Shin Rock, Park Shin Hye, Park Hyung Sik, Song Eun Yi, Lee Jung Jae, Lee Hak Joo, JungHoYeon, Joo Hyun Young, Jung Hae In, Han Hyo Joo, and EXO’s Chanyeol, presented the awards.
New Accolades in the Blue Dragon Series Awards (BSA) 2023
The 2023 event introduced noteworthy new accolades, including the first Daesang (Grand Prize), OST Popularity Award, and Why Not Award. These honors recognize artists or works that drive innovation in streaming platforms with their distinctive ideas and challenges.
The first-ever and highly-coveted Daesang (Grand Prize) went to Song Hye Kyo for her outstanding performance in the hit series “The Glory.” Meanwhile, the highly acclaimed drama “Big Bet” was crowned as the Best Drama. Moreover, “Siren: Survive the Island” won the Best Variety Program award.
Bae Suzy’s outstanding portrayal in “Anna” earned her the Best Actress accolade, while Ha Jung Woo’s remarkable role in “Narco-Saints” earned him the Best Actor award.
Park Ji Hoon secured the Best Rookie Actor title for his stellar performance in “Weak Hero Class 1,” while Shin Ye Eun was recognized as Best Rookie Actress for her work in “Revenge of Others.”
Without further ado, here is the complete list of this year’s winners:
Blue Dragon Series Awards 2023 Winners
- Daesang (Grand Prize):
- Song Hye Kyo | “The Glory”
- Best Drama:
- “Big Bet”
- Best Actor:
- Ha Jung Woo | “Narco-Saints”
- Best Actress:
- Bae Suzy | “Anna”
- Best Supporting Actor & Actress:
- Lee Dong Hwi | “Big Bet”
- Lim Ji Yeon | “The Glory”
- Best Rookie Actor & Actress:
- Park Ji Hoon | “Weak Hero Class S1”
- Shin Ye Eun | “Revenge of Others”
- OST Popularity Award:
- DKZ’s Jaechan | “Our Season”
- Why Not Award:
- Choi Hyun Wook | “Weak Hero Class S1”
- Best Variety Program:
- “Siren: Survive the Island”
- Best Male & Female Entertainer:
- Yoo Jae Suk | “PLAYou Level Up”
- Joo Hyun Young | “SNL Korea”
- Best Rookie Male & Female Entertainer:
- DEX | “Bloody Game 2”
- Kim Ah Young | “SNL Korea”
- TIRTIR Popularity Award:
- ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo,
- DKZ’s Jaechan,
- Lee Kwang Soo,
- Kim Yeon Koung.
Congratulations to all the winners of this year’s Blue Dragon Series Awards!
Is your favorite actor or actress taking home an award this year? Please let us know in the comments below!
More in Kdramas and Kmovies:
- TOP 50 Most Popular Korean Movie Stars of July 2023
- From Seoul to Hollywood: 10 Korean Actors and Actresses Making Waves in the West
- From Idol to Superhero: 2PM’s Lee Junho Considers Lead Role in Netflix’s “Cashero”
- Ji Chang Wook, Jeon Jong Seo, and More A-List Cast to Lead TVING’s New Historical Drama “Queen Woo”
- Military Comeback: Jang Ki Yong and Chun Woo Hee Meet an Unexpected Destiny