140 total views, 1 views today
On September 23, the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced the nominees of the 2021 International Emmy Awards. The International Emmy Awards recognizes excellence in television programs produced and aired originally outside the United States and non-English Language US prime time programs. This year, there are 44 nominees across 11 categories from 24 different countries.
Here are some facts you need to know about Emmy Awards 2021
1. Spanning a record number of 24 countries
“We are so proud of our Nominees and the record-breaking number of countries. To those who feared the pandemic would slow TV production around the world, this is your answer.”Bruce Paisner, the International Academy President & CEO
The 2021 International Emmy Awards nominees come from Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Egypt, France, India, Israel, Japan, Lebanon, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
2. Exclusive nominee interviews
All nominated program trailers and exclusive nominee interviews are set to be featured online during the International Emmy World Television Festival. You can watch the festival from November 12 to 22 on the International Academy’s website.
3. The 2021 International Emmy Awards will be announced from New York
They will announce the winners at an in-person ceremony at the 49th International Emmy Awards in New York City on November 22, 2021.
4. Two South Korean programs are on the nomination
Korean entertainment has gained more and more attention, especially during the pandemic. No wonder there are two nominees from South Korea. We have ‘I-Land’ in the non-scripted entertainment and ‘It’s Okay to not be Okay’ in the TV Movie/Mini-Series category.
In fact, this is a new achievement for the South Korean entertainment industry after last year only ‘Granni-E-minem’ (KBS) was a nominee in the Best Documentary category.
5. The International Emmy Kids’ Awards, South Korean Education broadcast is a nominee
Along with the 49th International Emmy Awards nominees announcement, they also release the International Emmy Kids Awards nominees.
The good news is that South Korean ‘Tish Tash’ (Studio Gale/Big Crunch Entertainment/Korea Education Broadcasting System) is one of the nominees in the Kids: Animation category.
The winners announcement for the International Emmy Kids’ Awards is on October 12, 2021.
Subscribe to the Kpoppost Telegram channel for our latest stories and breaking news.
More to read about Kpop & Kdrama:
- Kim Seon Ho Leads the Top 50 Korean Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings in September 2021
- 11 Facts About Ha Ram (Ahn Hyo Seop) in ‘Lovers of The Red Sky’ that You Need to Know
- 7 Tik Tok New Dance Challenges by KPop Idols You Should Try
- BLACKPINK Lisa Misses Her Hometown + Lisa’s Mother Reaction to LALISA Music Video
- Show These 7+ Kpop Idols and Stars Videos to Your Kids