577 total views, 1 views today
Check out the interesting facts about the latest Korean movie, “Escape of Mogadishu,” in 2021 – starring Jo In Sung and other talented Korean actors, for you to watch this summer.
7 Interesting Facts about the Korean Movie “Escape from Mogadishu” in 2021 Starring Jo In Sung and more Great Korean Actors.
1. Korean movie based on true events.
“Escape from Mogadishu” is a Korean action movie based on true events. The film depicts true events of the Somalia civil war in 1991 that cause unstable and violent times. The film follows South Korean and North Korean diplomats and their families who powerlessness when they were trapped and detained.
2. Helmed by a great director of The Battleship Island and featuring Korean best actors.
“Escape from Mogadishu” is directed by Ryu Seung-wan, who led the hit films The Battleship Island, Veteran, The Berlin File, and The Unjust. The action movie is also starring Korean best actors like Kim Yoon Seok (The Chaser 2008), Jo In Sung (The Great Battle 2018), and Koo Kyo Hwan (Great Patrioteers 2016).
3. Fantastic production costs.
‘Escape from Mogadishu” has a high-production cost of 24 billion Won or estimated around 11.60 million USD.
4. Location set in Marocco.
Inspired by the movie Black Hawk Down, the director had the idea of filming in Morocco due to the unstable situation in Somalia. As a result, they spent three months filming in Morocco before the COVID-19 pandemic.
5. Tops daily box office sales.
The Korean action movie “Escape from Mogadishu” starring Jo In Sung topped the daily box office sales with the highest ticket sales record of 127,000 on its premiere day in 2021.
6. First movie in 2021 with 1 million moviegoers.
On August 3, the Korean Film Council announced that “Escape from Mogadishu” officially surpassed 1 million moviegoers that day. So, it only took seven days to reach the record since it premiered on July 28.
7. No.1 Box Office in South Korea.
According to the Korean Film Council, Korean movie “Escape from Mogadishu” which premiered on July 28, 2021, hits No.1 the Box Office in South Korea. Moreover, it’s already has a total daily gross of $11,009,163, total admissions of 1,323,089, number of screens 1,620, and a revenue share of 48,7% per August 6, 2021.
Check out the Korean movie “Escape from Mogadishu” trailers below.
Subscribe to the Kpoppost Telegram channel for our latest stories and breaking news.
More to read about Kdrama & Kmovie:
- Park Seo Joon Officially Joins Captain Marvel as Cast of The Marvels (2022)
- 8 Famous Korean Actors Who Once Trained to be Professional Athletes
- Young Korean Director Won 2nd Prize in Cinefondation at Cannes 2021
- Moon Ga Young, 7th Ambassador for Seoul International Women’s Film Festival 2021
- 10 Best Recommended Korean Historical Movies For You to Watch