BLACKPINK member Jennie Kim is receiving both criticism and defense for the alleged overly-revealing outfit she wore for her role and character in The Idol series. So, what happened to Jennie this time, and what is the source of the criticism? Continue reading for more detailed discussions.
BLACKPINK Jennie Kim Under Scrutiny for Outfit She Wore for THE IDOL Role and Character, Dyanne
BLACKPINK gorgeous rapper-vocalist Jennie Kim faces more scrutiny for her role and character in The Idol series.
After previously facing massive backlash for her provocative dance scene in The Idol, Jennie now faces more criticism for the outfit she wore in the series.
Multiple Korean media outlets reported a post in South Korea’s online community that discusses the quality of Jennie’s outfit in The Idol. The post featured a photo of BLACKPINK member Jennie Kim posing with her co-star in The Idol series, Lily-Rose Depp.
Both Jennie Kim and Lily-Rose Depp wore the iconic pink outfit that became the highlight of their stage rivalry in The Idol. However, while Lily’s outfit featured darker shades and more fitted, Jennie’s pale pink-colored outfit was under scrutiny for being poor quality and overly revealing.
“Poor Quality Outfit Made with Some Kind of 3D Pen”
In the community post, the OP particularly highlighted the poor quality of the outfit Jennie wore for The Idol’s role and character, Dyanne. They questioned if the outfit could even be classified as clothing, given it appeared to be crocheted with a 3D pen.
As a result, Jennie’s outfit in The Idol looked like an unrefined swimsuit with an overly-revealing crocheted bandeau.
Previously, fans had discovered that the production team had modified Jennie’s outfit for her role and character in The Idol. They thought that Jennie’s outfit in The Idol was less revealing compared to Lily’s due to her status as a global Kpop idol.
DYANNE’S OUTFIT DAMN pic.twitter.com/qli0uPMRzL— louise (@notluix_) June 12, 2023
They are protecting her😭😭😭 the difference in outfits after dyanne’s steal jocelyn’s place 😭 pic.twitter.com/H5KlEtvTi8— ru꽃 KILL MY (@rubyxjnk) June 12, 2023
However, it seems that it was only a misunderstanding since Jennie’s outfit still aligns The Idol’s racy concept. The difference is that while Lily’s outfit was thoroughly scanty, Jennie’s outfit highlighted a most part of her chest.
While it is perfectly understandable that such outfits are common in the American entertainment industry, some netizens believe that they still need to fit within the line, considering Jennie is a Kpop idol with a different concept and image.
- “Although we should let her wear whatever she wants, shouldn’t there still be a line to draw?”
- “It looks so weird…It looks like an elementary kid is wearing that kind of outfit.”
- “Even if the outfit looks odd, it’s Jennie. So it will probably trend soon.”
- “Lololol… 3D pen! It’s kind of off-putting.”
- “Jennie comes out as an idol. In America, isn’t it pretty normal for idols to wear stuff like that on stage?”
- “I just feel sorry for her. She’s a global diva, but she’s doing all of this just to fit into the US standards…”
Support Pouring for BLACKPINK Jennie Kim and Her Role and Character in THE IDOL
Finally, as the criticism circulated on the internet and social media, more fans came to Jennie’s defense.
Comments and replies poured against the post, defending Jennie with her role and character in The Idol. They came supporting and encouraging Jennie that she was free to wear any kind of outfit she deemed comfortable, both on stage and in The Idol.
- Why are people criticizing her? Please tell me the reason because I’m really curious. I mean, did she threaten you to wear that outfit? Did she wear that outfit in a kid’s program? She wore an outfit provided to her by stylists for a foreign drama. I don’t understand why you are attacking her.
- What did she do wrong? It must be because all these crazy older women criticizing her are from the era when women with exposed skin were seen as huge sinners.
- But really, what did Jennie do wrong? She just wore the outfit given to her! The other female cast Lily Depp also wore the same outfit. I don’t understand why Jennie is getting this criticism. Why does she have to be criticized by you all for showing skin?
- Lily Depp wore the same outfit, though? She wore the outfit the staff gave her, and outfits like that aren’t even seen as too much exposure overseas. The U.S. isn’t old-fashioned when it comes to chest exposure. I don’t get what’s so bad about her wearing an outfit just like the other actresses. If you’re uncomfortable, just don’t watch it. I mean, look who’s paying to watch the drama to criticize it. Stop bothering Jennie!
I don’t think y’all understand how much I love when Jennie is comfortable to show her body. Bc she gets slvt shamed on the daily and this is like a big f u to this ppl 😭 https://t.co/Nb77btRZDf— DaBarbieBabe (@DaLiyahBabe1) July 3, 2023
So, what do you think about Jennie’s outfit for The Idol? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments. And please stay with Kpoppost Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram channel for more Jennie’s updates.
More to read about BLACKPINK Jennie:
- BLACKPINK Jennie: More THE IDOL Controversy & Marvel Series Rejection!
- How Jennie Ended Up in THE IDOL: What REALLY Happened?
- Did HYBE’s Partner REALLY Deny V and Jennie Dating Relationship Rumors?
- BLACKPINK Jennie Suddenly Exits the Stage During Concert
- FACTS & True Story on V and Jennie Paris Video from Photographer + Ongoing Investigation