BLACKPINK lead vocalist Jisoo will soon showcase her acting skills alongside actor Park Jung Min in a new Korean drama, “Influenza”. Unfortunately, despite the early casting announcement, the new lineup for “Influenza” has already sparked mixed responses and criticisms. So, what is “Influenza” Korean drama about, and what happened behind BLACKPINK Jisoo new drama controversy? Continue reading for a more comprehensive report and discussion.
BLACKPINK Jisoo to Star in “Influenza” Korean Drama with Park Jung Min
On August 31, Korean media outlet YTN exclusively reported that actor Park Jung Min and BLACKPINK Jisoo would pair up as a unique couple in a new upcoming Korean drama.
According to the report, the two celebrities had been cast for Coupang Play’s upcoming Korean drama titled “Influenza”. This new drama is a work by the creative minds of writers Han Ji Won—who previously wrote the award-winning project, “Parasite”—and Ji Ho Jin. And director Yoon Sung Hyun of “Time to Hunt” and “Bleak Night”would reportedly lead the project.
Storyline and Characters: A Novel Adaptation
Further into the report, YTN revealed that “Influenza” will be a thriller-romance drama starring BLACKPINK Jisoo and actor Park Jung Min. It will depict the story of soldier Jae Yoon and his girlfriend, Young Joo, following their recent break up while fighting a horde of zombies in the backdrop of a high-rise air defense unit in Seoul.
“Influenza” is a new Korean drama based on a novel by author Han Sang Woon.
In the new drama, actor Park Jung Min will reportedly portray the role of Jae Yoon. He is a soldier who enlisted late in the military at 26. Previously, he had been striving to search for an alternative service with a job in the defense industry. However, his anxiety about the future leads him to become obsessed with his girlfriend, ultimately causing their breakup. Despite his weakness and lack of confidence, Jae Yoon gradually demonstrates his leadership as the leader of their survival squad.
Meanwhile, BLACKPINK Jisoo will once again showcase her acting skills as Young Joo in “Influenza” new Korean drama.
Young Joo has recently embarked on a new career. As she waits for her boyfriend to return from the military, she must face an unexpected zombie outbreak that requires her to become a stronger figure.
Together, Jae Yoon and Young Joo must face the zombies while fighting to survive.
The Controversy Surrounding BLACKPINK Jisoo and Park Jung Min New Drama
While “Influenza” new Korean drama seems to be incredibly exhilarating, it also sparked mixed reactions and criticisms, especially from Korean netizens.
Fans are excited to see BLACKPINK Jisoo’s return to the small screen after her previous performance in the controversial project “Snowdrop”. However, some Korean drama enthusiasts are also concerned about her credibility and acting skills. That is especially when her new role requires a more powerful performance and acting showcase. They believe that BLACKPINK Jisoo has yet to possess enough acting skills to deliver such an intense character.
- “I’m surprised. She’s so terrible at acting.”
- “Wow. I guess she’s going to continue her acting career.”
- “I like Jisoo, but her voice is not suited for acting… I hope she practices a lot. I don’t want to see her get criticized.”
- “Um… Not really going to watch it.”
- “The negative comments here are just too much…”
- “Jisoo’s acting… How exactly did she get a leading role?”
- “I’m sure she will practice a lot before shooting.”
- “Can’t Jisoo just sing?”
- “Wow… I don’t think Jisoo is a good actor either, but these comments are too harsh.”
- “Please! Don’t ruin good projects by giving roles to the people who can’t act. If the other actors are good, then (Jisoo’s) acting deficiency becomes much more obvious.”
Finally, what do you think about BLACKPINK Jisoo and Park Jung Min’s pairing in the new drama?
At the end of the day, both BLACKPINK Jisoo and Park Jung Min have yet to confirm their appearance in “Influenza” Korean drama. Both agencies simply stated that they were reviewing their offers.
Therefore, it’s best to withhold judgment until both BLACKPINK Jisoo and actor Park Jung Min make their decisions.
More to read about Kpop and Kdrama:
- A Dynamic Duo: Shin Min Ah and Park Hae Soo in Talks to Headline Gripping New Webtoon-based Crime Thriller Drama
- Powerhouses of Kpop: The Top 20 Entertainment Companies of 2023
- Update on SEVENTEEN S.Coups Left Knee Medical Treatment and Recovery
- COMPLETE LIES & MANIPULATION: Brief Summary of Dispatch Report on FIFTY FIFTY
- “Moving” Actor Lee Jung Ha Set to Star in an Exciting New Drama Adaptation of a Popular Webtoon “ONE: High School Heroes”