The new single by BTS, “Butter,” breaks 5 Guinness World Records across YouTube and Spotify in the first week of its release! On May 25, Guinness World Records announced that BTS “Butter” started breaking records the moment it debuted.
BTS New Single “Butter” Officially Breaks 5 Guinness World Records Across YouTube and Spotify
one: 😃— Guinness World Records (@GWR) May 25, 2021
We've confirmed a new batch of records set by @BTS_twt during the release of their latest single 'Butter' – including having the most viewers for the premiere of a video on @YouTube 🔥 https://t.co/7GifjrD7rQ#BTSButter
1. BTS new single “Butter” became “the most viewers for the premiere of a music video on YouTube.”
Premiered on May 21, 2021, with 3.9 million peak concurrent viewers, BTS “Butter” broke the Youtube record for “the most viewers for the premiere of a video on YouTube.” They break their own record set by BTS “Dynamite” that premiered on August 2020 with 3 million peak concurrent.
2. “Butter” by BTS hits “the biggest viewers for the premiere of [any] video on YouTube.”
BTS’ second English-language track, “Butter,” which had almost 4 million concurrent peak viewers, also broke the record for “the biggest viewers for the premiere of [any] video on YouTube. BTS “Butter” and “Dynamite” took the #1 and #2 spots for the most YouTube Premieres.
Get it! @BTS_twt has one-upped their own #1 record with the music video premiere of “Butter,” setting a new all-time 24 hour record on @YouTube with 108.2 million views 🏆 #BTS_Butter → https://t.co/8UORRDmXx2 pic.twitter.com/9g3KZCAnnR— YouTube Music (@youtubemusic) May 26, 2021
3. BTS “Butter” became “the most-viewed YouTube music video in 24 hours by a K-pop group.”
Moreover, in the first 24 hours of its release, BTS’s new single “Butter” has racked up 108.2 million views exceeding the BTS “Dynamite” record of 101.1 million views.
4. The new single by BTS “Butter” hits “the most-viewed YouTube music video in 24 hours by any artists.”
Moreover, besides “the most-viewed YouTube music video in 24 hours by a K-pop group,” BTS “Butter also hits the record for “the most-viewed YouTube music video in 24 hours” by any artist on YouTube.
5. BTS “Butter” smashed “the most streamed track on Spotify in the first 24 hours.”
According to Spotify’s official, “Butter” also set the record for “the most streamed track on Spotify in the first 24 hours.” In the first 24hours of its release, the track had 11,042,335 global streams. It breaks the previous record set by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber’s 2019 hit “I Don’t Care” with 10.977 million streams.
With these new achievements, BTS holds a total of 23 Guinness World Records. Moreover, on May 24, BTS has performed “Butter” live on television for the first time at the Billboard Music Awards 2021 and won four trophies.
Congratulation to BTS!
Get it, let it roll! Let’s enjoy “Butter” by BTS!
More to read about Kpop:
- 5 Interesting Facts from KPop Idols Makeup Artists and Hairstylists
- 12 Kpop Beauty Trends From The Stage to Everyday Life to Inspire Your Style
- TWICE Confirms Comeback Plans in June and Japanese Single in May 6
- 17 Kpop Groups with Music Videos Over 100 Million Views
- May 2021 KPop Boy Group Member Popularity & Brand Reputation Rankings