625 total views, 2 views today
Singer and actor Rain garnered attention from fans for his response to being called a cheapskate in a YouTube video. Rain stated he would take strict legal action against false comments and anyone spreading misinformation.
Singer and Actor Rain Is Being Called a Cheapskate
Last year in April, a video calling Rain a cheapskate circulated around the internet. The video claimed, “Rain is a stingy individual who does not buy food for his juniors even though he has assets of over 80 billion KRW (~68 million USD).”
On January 13, a former entertainment reporter created a response video. In the video, the former entertainment reporter stated to do a fact check on the video claiming Rain is a cheapskate.
“I checked with the people who worked with Rain and they did say they thought Rain was going to be a cheapskate but he actually gives a lot of gifts and buys a lot of food. There are reasons why he has an image of a cheapskate.”A former reporter
Rain Is Taking Legal Action
With this issue, Rain suffers from defamation as his image is being solidified as a cheapskate. Therefore, Rain decided to take legal action against the YouTuber who spread the false information.
On January 14, Sublime Artist Agency also released an official statement regarding this issue.
“Hello, this is Sublime Artist Agency (SAA).
The agency is aware of the existence of videos circulating recklessly about our artist, Rain (Jeong Ji Hoon), that are based on completely false information.
We have also checked the amount of posts and comments that spread false information, defame our artist, attack him personally, criticize him maliciously, and spread unconfirmed rumors.
There are YouTubers who make up fake news in order to get views and those who build on those to spread the false rumors even further. We will take all possible legal action against behavior that harms our artist. There will be no lenience or cooperation as we pursue both civil and criminal liability in these cases.
Sublime Artist Agency will always work to protect the artists under our care.
*Please report malicious posts and comments such as slander, insult, spread of false information, defamation, and personal attacks against Rain to [email protected]
However, netizens were divided about the singer and actor’s reaction to this issue. Some criticized the YouTuber who called Rain a cheapskate in the video. Meanwhile, some others believed that Rain is overreacting towards the issue.
- Well, there’s no law that says you must buy all your juniors meals if you’re richer than them ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- Both sides are foolish. One side for lying, starting rumors over buying food, and the other side for suing over that.
- Come to think of it, I’ve never heard the news of the Rain couple donating to any charities. There must be a reason why he’s known as a cheapskate around his juniors, no?
- Wait, he’s getting this mad over being called a cheapskate?
- A bit much to be suing people over calling you a cheapskate, no? You’re the top star, after all.
- Rumors don’t start from nowhere… but it’s funny to me that he’s suing people over something as insignificant as being called a cheapskate ㅋ
- It’s annoying to be called a cheapskate, but it’s pretty small-minded of him to be suing them back over it.
What do you think about it Rain’s reaction to the YouTuber who spread false rumor of him being a cheapskate?
In the meantime, singer and actor Rain is now starring in ‘Ghost Doctor’ with Kim Bum.
Subscribe to Kpoppost Telegram channel for our latest stories and breaking news.
More to read about Kpop & Kdrama:
- 7 KPop Idols Who Successfully Set Up Entertainment Companies
- Who’s the CRUEL MASTERMIND Behind BTS Jungkook and Lee Yoo Bi FALSE Dating Rumor?
- EXO Do Kyung Soo (D.O.) to Transforms Into 3 Different Roles in New Korean Drama and Movies in 2022
- REVEALED, The TRUE Personality of BTS Jimin During His Personal Trip
- Super Junior Kyuhyun Comeback with Final Release of 4 Season Project Called ‘Love Story’