The Seoul International Drama Awards 2023 showcased the best dramas from around the world and honored outstanding actors, directors, and writers. As the festival celebrated its 18th anniversary this year, it reached new heights with a record-breaking 344 drama submissions from 44 countries. Dive into the enthralling moments and discover the remarkable winners of the Seoul International Drama Awards 2023.
Outstanding Winners at the 18th Seoul International Drama Awards 2023
“The Fragile Colossus,” “Big Bet,” Choi Min Sik, and Lee Sung Min Shine Bright as Award Winners
In the international competition category, the Grand Prize went to the French drama “The Fragile Colossus.” This thought-provoking drama captivated audiences with its compelling storyline and strong performances. Director Stéphanie Murat and writer Aude Marcle were also recognized for their exceptional work, winning the Best Director and Best Writer awards, respectively.
Meanwhile, in the International Invitation category, “Big Bet,” a Korean drama, took home the Golden Bird Prize in both the Program and Individual categories. Choi Min Sik, the lead actor of “Big Bet,” was also honored with the Golden Bird Prize for Individual, further cementing his status as a talented actor.
In the Korean Drama Competition category, Lee Sung Min was awarded Outstanding Korean Actor for his outstanding portrayal in “Reborn Rich.” Lee Sung Min’s impeccable acting skills brought his character to life, leaving a lasting impression on audiences.
Rising Stars and International Recognition
In the International Competition category, Suzy, known for her versatility as an actress, won the Best Actress award for her role in “Anna.” Her raw and emotionally charged performance captivated viewers and showcased her talent and versatility. Additionally, Nina Ellen Ødegård won Best Actress for her role in “Afterglow,” representing Norway.
The Seoul International Drama Awards also recognized rising stars in the Asian entertainment industry. The Outstanding Asian Star category celebrated the achievements of Park Eun Bin, Yunxi Luo, Yusei Yagi, Gun Atthaphan Phunsawat, and Kathryn Bernardo, representing Korea, China, Japan, Thailand, and the Philippines, respectively.
Lastly, the IDOLCHAMP Artist Award was given to ENHYPEN’s Sunghoon for his exceptional portrayal in the drama “Mimicus,” showcasing his talent as both an idol and actor.
The 18th Seoul International Drama Awards 2023 Winners
These exceptional dramas and talented individuals have captivated audiences worldwide with their excellent storytelling and performances.
- Grand Prize
- “The Fragile Colossus” (France)
- Best TV Movie
- “Mayflies” (U.K.), “Belascoarán PI” (Mexico)
- Best Miniseries
- “The Long Season” (China),
- “Reborn Rich” (Korea)
- Best Series
- “Meet Yourself” (China),
- “Act Like You’re Asleep” (Greece)
- Best Actor
- Wei Fan – “The Long Season” (China)
- Best Actress
- Suzy – “Anna” (Korea)
- Nina Ellen Ødegård – “Afterglow” (Norway)
- Best Director
- Stéphanie Murat (“The Fragile Colossus”—France)
- Best Screenwriter
- Aude Marcle (“The Fragile Colossus”—France)
- Nima Javidi (“The Actor”—Iran)
- Golden Bird Prize (Program):
- “Big Bet” (Korea)
- Golden Bird Prize (Individual):
- Choi Min Sik – “Big Bet” (Korea)
- Special Prize:
- “Cammo” (Norway)
- Outstanding Asian Star:
- Gun Atthaphan Phunsawat – “Midnight Museum” (Thailand)
- Kathryn Bernardo – “2 Good 2 Be True” (Phillippines)
- Park Eun Bin – “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” (Korea)
- Yunxi Luo – “Till the End of the Moon” (China)
- Yusei Yagi – “My Beautiful Man S2” (Japan)
- IDOLCHAMP Artist Award:
- ENHYPEN’s Sunghoon – “Mimicus” (Korea)
Korean Drama Competition
- “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”
- “The Glory”
- Outstanding Korean Actor
- Lee Sung Min – “Reborn Rich”
- Outstanding Korean Drama O.S.T
- Kim Ho Joong – “Meet You Among Them” (“Three Bold Siblings” OST)
Congratulations to all the winners of the 18th Seoul International Drama Awards 2023!
More to read:
- “Moving” Star Go Yoon Jung in Talks to Lead a New Rom-Com Drama with Kim Seon Ho in Epic Reunion with Hong Sisters!
- 12 Iconic Female Solo Artists in Kpop of All Time
- Meet the Korean Drama “Hong Rang” Cast and Characters: Lee Jae Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and More!
- BLACKPINK Jisoo Debuts in a New Movie with Kang Dong Won
- Bound by Loyalty: BTS Contract Renewal & BIGHIT MUSIC 1 Billion Won Donation of Gratitude