606 total views, 1 views today
The latest EP, “Taste of Love” of Kpop girl group TWICE, set a new record on three Billboard Charts.
TWICE “Taste of Love” EP Set a New Record on Billboard Charts
Just released on June 11, TWICE’s new “Taste of Love” EP has set records on many music charts, including Billboard Charts. TWICE “Taste of Love” debuted at number six on the Billboard 200 chart selling 46,000 album units.
Debuts on this week’s #Billboard200 (1/4):— billboard charts (@billboardcharts) June 21, 2021
#1, @Polo_Capalot Hall of Fame
#2, @Migos Culture III
#6, @JYPETWICE Taste of Love (EP)
#8, @maroon5 Jordi
#12, @MammothWVH Mammoth WVH
#33, @garbage No Gods No Masters
#35, @pierrebourne The Life of Pi’erre 5
This marking TWICE’s highest achievement chart entry to date as the first female girl group ever enters the top 10 of the chart with an EP. Previously, there have only been five girl groups that have ever topped the charts with an album. They are Destiny’s Child, TLC, Spice Girls, Danity Kane, and BLACKPINK.
Moreover, TWICE’s new mini-album “Taste of Love” debuted at No. 1 on three different Billboard charts: Top Album Sales chart, Top Current Album Sales chart, and World Albums chart.
1. TWICE’s ‘Taste of Love’ No. 1 Billboard Top Selling Albums chart (Top Album Sales)
According to MRC Data, KPop girl group TWICE hits its first No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart (dated June 26) with the “Taste of Love” EP. In the week ending June 17, there were 43,000 copies sold in the U.S. Previously, TWICE managed to enter the Billboard Hot 200 chart with More & More and Eyes Wide Open.
2. TWICE’s ‘Taste of Love’ No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Current Album Sales Chart
Moreover, of the 46,000 sold copies, 3,000 came from the 5.09 million on-demand streams of the “Taste of Love” EP, while 43,000 of them were from pure sales. Thus, TWICE “Taste of Love” high selling makes it the top-selling album of that week in terms of pure sales.
You might want to find out: 8 Facts About TWICE “Alcohol Free” & 10th Mini Album “Taste of Love”
3. TWICE’s ‘Taste of Love’ Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s World Albums Chart
The latest mini-album of TWICE, “Taste of Love” EP, debuted at the top of the Billboard World Albums Chart for the week June 19 to June 25. This marking TWICE as Kpop girl group female act to make the top 5 of the Billboard World Albums chart following BLACKPINK “The Album” in October 2020.
Furthermore, TWICE has reentered the Billboard Artist 100 at No. 9, their highest position on the chart to date.
Meanwhile, TWICE’s new title track “Alcohol Free” from their 10th mini album “Taste of Love” entered Billboard charts as follow:
- Billboard’s World Digital Song Sales chart at No. 3
- Billboard’s Global 200 chart at No. 41
- Global Excluding U.S. chart at No. 22
Congratulation TWICE for the new record and achievements on Billboard charts!
More to read about Kpop & Kdrama:
- 2PM Announced ‘MUST’ Comeback Show Date in June 2021, and MORE!
- 7 Fun Facts about Multi-talented Actor Jang Ki Yong
- Aespa Karina Tops Most Popular Brand Reputation Rankings of Individual KPop Girl Group Member for June 2021
- Public Concerns for A New Girl Group Debuting with a 12 Year Old Member
- Global Fans of Lee Min Ho Made a Heartfelt Donation Ahead of His Birthday