On January 25, XG released their 3rd single, SHOOTING STAR, and since then have been active across Global media in the US, South America, South East Asia, and South Korea. Their hit B-Side LEFT RIGHT has topping charts, including the “Mediabase Top 40 Radio Airplay Chart,” which makes XG the FIRST female Japanese group in the chart.
XG, First Japanese Group in the Mediabase Top 40 Radio Airplay Chart
Recently, both SHOOTING STAR and LEFT RIGHT charted in the Spotify Viral Top 100 in 46 regions, including the US, the UK, Japan, and South Korea, as well as the wider global chart – An unprecedented achievement for a Japanese artist.
Today, on Monday, March 6, XG entered the “Mediabase Top 40 Radio Airplay Chart,” the most authoritative radio chart in the US. Placing at number 40 alongside artists such as MILEY CYRUS, TAYLOR SWIFT, BEYONCE, LADY GAGA, and LIZZO. While JOJI was the first Japanese artist to make the list, XG are the first female Japanese artists to enter the top 40, as well as the first Japanese group.
XG’s momentum is growing steadily in the U.S., and their phenomenal success looks set to continue.
More to read about Kpop:
- The 20th Korean Music Awards 2023 Winners – Full List
- BLACKPINK Jennie Suffers from Face Injury – What Happened?
- SM Entertainment Artists Will Leave the Company Due To Uncertain Future
- BTS V Exudes Charms as the New Brand Ambassador of SIMINVEST Indonesia + Announces Fan Meeting
- BLANK2Y Youngbin Girlfriend and Dating Controversy Causes US Tour Cancelation