Once again, BTS has made their fans, especially South Korean citizens, proud! On May 26th, the Kpop supergroup BTS is officially invited to the White House. The BTS members will discuss anti-Asian hate crimes and celebrate AANHPI Heritage Month with US President Joe Biden.
BTS is Invited to the White House to Talk About Anti-Asian Hate Crimes and Celebrate AANHPI Heritage Month
On Tuesday (31/5), BTS members — RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook will meet US President Joe Biden at the White House. In addition, they will be discussing anti-Asian hate crimes at the Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander (AANHPI) Heritage Month celebration.
🚨 NEW: On Tuesday, May 31st, global K-pop phenomenon and Grammy-nominated musical group from the Republic of Korea BTS (Bangtan Sonyeondan or “Beyond the Scene”) will join @POTUS at the White House to discuss anti-Asian hate crimes and celebrate AA and NHPI Heritage Month.— White House Initiative on AA and NHPIs (@WHIAANHPI) May 26, 2022
The White House released an official statement as follows:
BTS Condemn Anti-Asian Racism with #StopAsianHate #StopAAPIHate
Last year, BTS joined the Stop AAPI Hate movement and calls for respect and solidarity. It aimed to end the discrimination and violence against Asian people. They used their voice to condemn anti-Asian racism and shared powerful statements and heartwarming messages with the hashtags #StopAsianHate and #StopAAPIHate.
BTS fans expressed their excitement and pride by trending the hashtag #BTSatTheWhiteHouse, BTS PAVED THE WAY, SO PROUD OF YOU, and NAMJOON.
“I want them to become an artist who can exchange good influence and employ, not a vertical but horizontal style of leadership”— Kristine Snow⁷ (OT7) 🌸❄️🌼 (@Sweetbunch07) May 26, 2022
– Bang PD
BTS PAVED THE AWAY
SO PROUD OF YOU BTS #BTSatTheWhiteHouse pic.twitter.com/jkOIS6Q0iA
BTS went to the following:— ⟬⟭ᴮᴱNinong Kookie ⁷ ⟭⟬ (@tanniekosmossss) May 26, 2022
• Blue House
Next up: The White House
They’re truly such a PHENOMENAL kings !!
BTS PAVED THE AWAY !!
SO PROUD OF YOU BTS !!#BTSatTheWhiteHouse pic.twitter.com/bw4nWqvztP
He must be so proud yet so stressed and nervous cus of this huge responsibility but ik no matter the circumstances, he’d do great! i hv my trust on him and BTS!— Joonie_bear (@Moonsbabie_) May 26, 2022
HUGS FOR NAMJOON!!
BTS AT THE WHITE HOUSE!!
BTS PAVED THE WAY!!#BTSatTheWhiteHouse #BTS#NAMJOON #btspavedtheway https://t.co/6NhozarbCX pic.twitter.com/DYVSjsYuCl
More ARMY reactions:
- Thank you for inviting them!! They’re really one of the best representatives.
- Thank you for inviting them. Their platform and influence will definitely spread the message to many others.
- The fact that Bangtan is the first k-pop artist who will go to the White House to address anti-Asian hate crimes & discrimination. BTS really shows how they influence the people around the world. Best boys!
- Thank you for inviting them. Good people like them with powerful messages deserve bigger platforms. They make the world a better place.
- This is so huge. from the U.N. to the blue house and now the white house. only BTS could do this; their voices are so powerful I’m so proud of them
So, what do you think about BTS being invited to the White House, Kpop Fans? Please share with us in the comments below.
More to read about BTS:
- BTS Mentioned by President Moon Jae In at the 76th National Liberation Day of South Korea Speech
- President Moon Jae-in Appoints BTS as Special Presidential Envoy to Attend the 75th UN General Assembly
- BTS Receives Diplomatic Passport from South Korean President as Special Presidential Envoy for Future Generation and Culture
- BTS Launches “YOUTH” Project as Special Presidential Envoy and Youth Representative at the United Nations + English Translation
- What Makes BTS Kim Namjoon (RM) the Great Leader of the Millennial Era, Why He’s Chosen, & Moments He Uses His Leader Card