The global sensation, BTS, made submissions to compete at the 65th Annual Grammy Awards with four songs, which will take place in February 2023.
BTS Makes Submissions at Least 4 Different Songs to Compete at the 65th Annual Grammy Awards 2023
The upcoming 65th Grammy Awards will honor artists with songs released between October 1, 2021 and September 30, 2022 (US Time).
There are more than 80 segments in the Grammy Awards. However, the number of trophies awarded varies depending on the year. Artists or agencies can submit the song along with the desired segment.
After that, Recording Academy members will conduct two rounds of anonymous voting to select the award winner. The first round of voting for the upcoming 65th Grammy Awards will occur between October 13 and 23.
Meanwhile, the Recording Academy will release the final candidates for the second round of voting on November 15. And from December 14 to January 4, the final voting will begin.
Of all the categories, “Best New Artist,” Album of the Year,” “Record of the Year,” and “Song of the Year” were considered the “Big Four” (general fields).
BTS Submits 4 Songs
BTS was previously nominated for their hits “Dynamite” (2020) and “Butter” (2021).
According to the US pop music industry, BTS submitted at least four different songs for the upcoming “65th Grammy Awards.” The new songs submitted for the Grammy Awards are:
- “Yet To Come” (2021) from the anthology album “Proof,”
- “My Universe” (2022), a collaboration song between BTS and Coldplay,
- “Left and Right” (2022), a collaboration song between Jungkook and Charlie Puth, and
- “Bad Decisions” (2022), a collaboration song between BTS vocal line (Jin, V, Jungkook, and Jimin) and Benny Blanco and Snoop Dogg.
BTS reportedly submitted the four songs for the “Record of the Year” and “Song of the Year” categories. It was also nominated for the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance award. In addition, BTS also submitted “Yet to Come,” “Bad Decisions,” and “Left and Right” for Best Music Video.
65th Grammy Awards Nominations, Ceremony Date & Place
Save the dates! The official nominations will be announced on November 15. Meanwhile, the 65th Grammy awards ceremony will take place at the Crypto arena in Los Angeles, United States, on February 5, 2023 (US Time).
More to read about Kpop:
- 2022 MAMA Awards: Dates, Venue, Vote, Nominees, and Lineup
- October TOP 100 Korean Singer Brand Reputation Rankings
- LE SSERAFIM Shows that They Are ‘ANTIFRAGILE’ after Bumpy Debut Road
- NCT DREAM Confirmed Worldwide Theatrical Release “NCT DREAM THE MOVIE: In A DREAM”
- TOP 100 Kpop Girl Group Member Brand Reputation Rankings in October 2022