The Kpop giant HYBE is facing sexual harassment allegations following its staff’s behaviors of checking fans’ bras and reportedly touching their breasts on purpose during security checking at a fan sign event. So, what really happened behind the Kpop giant, HYBE, and its sexual harassment controversy? Here’s a full report and discussion of the incident and allegations.
* THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN STORIES OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT THAT MAY BE DISTURBING FOR SOME READERS. PROCEED WITH CAUTION! *
Kpop Giant HYBE Accused of Sexual Harassment Controversy Following Incidents at Kpop Fan Sign Event for &TEAM
Kpop giant entertainment company and home of global sensation BTS, HYBE Corporation, is facing another massive controversy. This time, HYBE company gets entangled in sexual harassment scandal involving fans at a fan signing event.
HYBE corporation recently held an offline fan signing event for fans of their new Kpop group &TEAM. Normally, various idol events require a standard body search to ensure the safety and security of both fans and idols.
But this time, the HYBE events’ mandatory body search was far from standard.
On July 9, Herald POP reported that Kpop giant HYBE had faced accusations of sexual harassment controversy. Several fans posted on Twitter and online communities that HYBE’s staff performed an unstandardized body search to the level of sexual harassment.
According to the posts, HYBE staff went to the extent of checking the fans’ bras. They even touched the fan’s breasts to ensure no hidden electronic devices, such as smartwatches or recorders.
Normally, electronic scanners would suffice to ensure such devices would not enter the premises. But this time, the staff manually touched the fans’ breasts and checked their underwear instead of scanning them. What’s worse, they even demanded the fan to reveal their body.
On July 8, a fan testified on Twitter about the sexual harassment they received from HYBE staff. They were attending a Kpop fan sign event for HYBE group &TEAM when suddenly the staff demanded to check their bra and even touched their breasts.
“For the first time in my life, someone checks my bra at a fan sign event. My mom doesn’t even touch my breasts, and they had the audacity to say, ‘I’m going to touch your breasts now’ and suddenly touch them.”@bbokbogi on Twitter.
Once the Twitter user posted the story, more people came out and shared their experiences. Apparently, such sexual harassment from Kpop HYBE staff happened to several fans, resulting in a massive controversy.
“It was as if they were caressing them: pressing my upper breast, then the lower part. I was too shocked so I only said, ‘This is just my breast…’.”@chukiatte on Twitter.
“They stated that they would touch my breasts. Then, they placed the side of their hand between my breasts. After that, they touched my upper and lower breasts and said it wasn’t wire.
Also, they didn’t let you return to your seat after checking because they believed you would have something to hide and bring them when you came back.”@haruaotaku on Twitter.
“Wow, during the undergarment search, they touched my breasts and asked, ‘It’s a watch, right?’. Then, they dragged me to a smaller area and told me to lift my shirt.
I didn’t have any choice, so I did as I was told. But then, someone opened the door!
Some random person saw me while getting searched.
I felt so embarrassed! My human rights felt like hitting rock bottom!”@kogaKfan on Twitter.
아니 살다살다 팬싸에서 브라자 검사하는 경우는 또 처음봄 울엄마도 안만지는 내 가슴을 팬매누나들이…………— bbok 🎆 (@bbokbogi) July 8, 2023
윗가슴 꾹꾹 눌러보더니 밑가슴도 꾹꾹 눌러보고 거의 애무급으로 열심히 만지길래 존나 당황해서 하, 그건 제 가슴이에요… 이럼 https://t.co/Sd2K5LWf45— 아카 (@chukiatte) July 8, 2023
아니근데진짜 속옷검사ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ— 카비 (@kogaKfan) July 8, 2023
가슴 좀 만진다면서 만지시다가;; 워치죠? 하면서 날 끌고감 끌고가서 작은 공간으로 날 데리고 가더니 옷을 올리라는거야.. 밀어붙여서 어쩔 수 없이 올렸는데 어떤분이 문 열고 들어오셔서 내가 속옷검사 당하는걸 봄^^ 너무수치스럽고 인권바닥 된 기분이었어요.. https://t.co/MJsdfYNLqP
MORE Intended Sexual Harassment Remarks from Kpop HYBE Staff at &TEAM Fan Sign Event
The sexual harassment allegation continued as more fans spoke up about the misbehavior of Kpop HYBE’s staff.
Some even mentioned that the staff uttered sexual harassment remarks, including commenting on the fans’ breasts and nipple patches.
“OP: Does this even make sense? I put on nipple patches, and the bra checker was so annoying. They touched my breasts and back. Then, they said, ‘Nothing?’ and acted like a pervert. I only said softly, ‘I have on a nipple patch…’
Reply: ‘Nothing?’ F*ck, such a stupid idiot! They were definitely not in their right minds. They were doing things like this right next to the fan sign. Although even if they did this somewhere else, their actions wouldn’t be rationalized.”
없…어?< 씨발이거진짜개등신머저리같다 제정신이 아님 얘네 멤버들 싸인 받는곳 바로 옆에서 이지랄한거잖아요ㅋㅋ 다른 곳에서 만지작거렸다 해도 합리화 되는건 아니지만 https://t.co/rOXCokAPBJ— huru (@joversclub) July 8, 2023
“I don’t want to say this on such a nice day. However, I was wearing a button-up shirt, and they pressed the middle of my shirt while saying, ‘Ding dong,’ before touching me.
Even crazy idiots do not harass people like this…”
진짜 좋은 날에 이런 말 하기 싫은데 전 셔츠 입었는데 가운데 띵동 하더니 셔츠 사이로 손가락 헤집음;; 이런 추행은 개또라이들도 잘 안 합니다…— popo. (@popoaskrj) July 8, 2023
HYBE Issues Official Apology for the Sexual Harassment Controversy at &TEAM Fan Sign Event
After the sexual harassment controversy went viral on the internet and social media, the Kpop giant HYBE issued official statement.
Apparently, the organizer of the fan sign event was part of HYBE’s subsidiaries, Weverse Shop. Therefore, Weverse Shop apologized in a public statement on July 9 through their official website.
“You Should Just Sue Them!”
However, fans are still outraged by the company’s defense. They believed the victims should sue the company for sexual harassment.
- “It’s shocking that the apology is merely trying to blame the fans who are the victims in this situation. Also, HYBE should be the one apologizing. But they’re sneaking their way out of this. This apology is sh*t. I don’t get why fans, who spend tons of money on their artists, must put up with getting sexually harassed, like literally!”
- “What’s so bad about the recording, though? It’s not like these conversations run hours long. I mean… You might as well give up on running fan signs if you cannot properly handle these.”
- “You should apologize for the lack of consent and the excessiveness! What kind of apology is this?”
- “I believe the fans should just sue them.”
- “And no mention of “HYBE” anywhere, of course… I wonder if they can do the same kind of body searches during fan signs abroad.”
- “Please, just sue them.”
- “WTF? They keep blaming the fans and bringing up the whole audio recording thing! It must be because they know fans aren’t likely to sue and turn this into a whole legal issue. HYBE is so f*cked up for doing their fans dirty.”
- “I don’t even understand why body searches were needed in the first place. Whose idea was it? Literally insane.”
- “Sounds like they’re mumbling crazy talk to me.”
- “Body searches? What the f*ck? Fans better teach them a lesson by taking them to court.”
So, what do you think about this sexual harassment issue during HYBE’s Kpop fan sign event?
More to read about Kpop and Kdrama:
- Han So Hee Receives Massive Hate for Starring in Jungkook MV – ARMY Comes to the Rescue!
- Watch Kep1er New Collaboration Single, RESCUE TAYO – Cuteness Overload!
- SEE YOU IN MY 19TH LIFE Faces MORE Massive Criticism for Alleged Historical Distortion
- Lim Ji Yeon Faces MORE Controversy in New Drama: LIES HIDDEN IN MY GARDEN
- SF9’s Rowoon to Transform from Gangster to Legend in New Korean Historical Drama TAKRYU