As truly global artists, XG is making waves around the world, with their momentum seemingly unstoppable. This time, XG girls announced their group’s official fandom name and released their 2nd single, “MASCARA,” lyric video.
XG Announced the Fandom Name: ALPHAZ
In a video posted to YouTube, XG talked about the reason they chose ‘ALPHAZ’ as the fandom name. They mentioned that the leader of a wolf pack is called the ALPHA and every fan who relates to XG is the leader of the pack and the founder of a new movement. XG has also announced the launch of their official fanclub, “ALPHAZ.”
After announcing the fandom name and launching the official fanclub, fans commented:
- “So happy to be here to listen to the announcement.”
- “Wow! This is such a cool fandom name!”
- “I love how the subtitles for the announcement video were in English, Japanese, and Korean.”
- “The logo and the font for ‘ALPHAZ’ is so cool!”
- “Thank you for giving a name to your fans.”
- “I’ll definitely join the fanclub!”
XG Released “MASCARA” Lyric Video
The lyric video for MASCARA has strong HipHop and street culture vibes, similar to the visualizer created for XG’s first single, Tippy Toes. The lyrics to MASCARA are displayed one after another on items such as smartphones, vinyl records, game consoles, and store receipts, giving viewers a snapshot of a world unique to XG and unlike that of other girl groups.
The combined views on XG’s YouTube channel have hit over one hundred million. While it has already been 3 weeks since XG released their second single, ‘MASCARA,’ it is still climbing up the Billboard chart, YouTube charts, and other music services. XG appears to be unstoppable.
XG on Spotify and TikTok
In addition, MASCARA has ranked in Spotify’s Viral 50 Global chart as well as in 15 regional charts (Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Mexico, Paraguay, Costa Rica, Chile, Peru, and Poland).
On TikTok, XG has collaborated with renowned K-POP groups such as ITZY, Kep1er, WJSN, H1-KEY, ILY, as well as dancers such as RIEHATA, AIKI, and May J Lee. All these videos have taken TikTok by storm.
Like the fandom name “ALPHAZ,” fans are excited to see how XG will spark a new movement around the world.
More to read about Kpop & Kdrama:
- Red Velvet Irene to Launch Solo Reality Show “Irene’s Work & Holiday” + Teasers
- Ready for “The Game Caterers” x SNSD Anniversary Collab? Here’s the RELEASE DATE!
- E’LAST TikTok Official Account Surpasses 1 Million Followers – Have You Followed Them?
- All About BTS x Snoop Dogg “Bad Decisions” by Benny Blanco: Teaser, Schedule, and Release Date!
- COMPLETE Reasons & Proof Behind #JusticeForGaram on Kim Garam Bullying Scandal – What Happened?