Naeun who has lately been involved in bullying controversies has now lost most of the endorsement deals that she had. SBS drama ‘Taxi Driver’ also decided to take Naeun off her role after continued pressure. The producer of ‘Taxi Driver’ in a chat said that they decided to take April Naeun off the show after a chat with the label regarding the bullying Hyunjoo issue.
April Naeun was replaced due to bullying controversies
SBS ‘Taxi Driver’ rework all the scene
As per inside sources, around 60% of the drama had already been filmed but despite that the makers of the show have decided to replace Naeun from ‘Taxi Driver’ and shoot all the scenes again. The staff involved in the drama further explained that they looked into the bullying controversy and decided to find a replacement for the role.
April Naeun was involved in bullying Hyunjoo
Hyunjoo’s younger sibling letter
As recently announced, somebody professing to be Hyunjoo’s younger sibling (with evidence) posted that Hyunjoo had been bullied by the other members of April and that she was pushed to attempt suicide.
He wrote, “Hello, I am former April’s Hyunjoo-noona’s little brother. I wanted to say this for years, but I kept it to myself for her future. But I think it’s time for me to say it. My older sister supposedly left the group to pursue acting, but that’s not the truth. She was ostracized and bullied in the group, and she ended up getting anxiety and had breathing issues because she suffered so much. She even tried to commit suicide. When we think about that, my parents and I still hurt. My sister left the group, and her label sent her a letter that claimed she was leaving to pursue acting and told her to write it exactly. So my sister did that. We really know back then but we thought that was the right thing to do for our sister. But after my sister wrote that, she got so many hate comments saying she betrayed the group for her own benefit. She never got apologies from the members. When my mom went to the label, the members just laughed at her. My sister is still working hard. I kept it in because I didn’t want to hurt her image, but I can’t watch the members just pretend to have done nothing wrong. It’s so hard for me and I can’t imagine how my sister is feeling. I don’t want the members to be on TV anymore. I don’t want to remember them when I see them on TV and I don’t want to see my sister suffering anymore.“
He also posted some evidences, like family document showing Hyunjoo’s name and known birth date along with his name and blurred birthdate. He also shared selfies he took with Hyunjoo.
Following the brother’s note, a person who claimed to be Hyunjoo’s friend came with more detailed statement
A person who claimed to be friend of Hyunjoo then posted that Chaekyung and Rachel who joined this group later, after Hyunjoo, had nothing to do with it. However, the other members including KARD member Somin were all culprits.
She wrote a quite long note originally titled, All Members of April are perpetrators.’
“Hello, this is a friend of former April member and a current actress Lee Hyunjoo’s friend. Hyunjoo and I are friends from high school and we still keep in touch from time to time. I’m writing to clarify that all members bullied Hyunjoo except Chaekyung and Rachel(*who joined the group after Hyunjoo’s departure). I’ll write few things I’ve heard.
1. Former April member Somin hated Hyunjoo and started bullying her.
2. Chaewon then relayed things Hyunjoo didn’t say to Somin in hopes to make friends with Somin.
3. Hyunjoo finds her tumbler which was a gift from her grandmother in the company’s fridge. Turns out Naeun put Chungookjang in her tumbler and left it in the fridge for months.
4. Naeun took Hyunjoo’s sneakers and claimed it was hers. She didn’t apologize after Hyunjoo proved it was actually hers by showing her name on the shoe.
5. Members said “This b* is trying to make her face look smaller again” behind her back right before recording.
6. Yena and Jinsol continuously picked on her, tripping her up and stepping on her feet.
7. Chaewon was in a relationship with the group’s manager. So the manager turned a blind eye to what was happening.
8. After Hyunjoo attempted suicide, the company said the members were reflecting on themselves so Hyunjoo and her mom visited the company. Members met them but ignored them and laughed with each other.”
How DSP Media responded
DSP Media at that point gave numerous assertions and has declared lawful activity against Hyunjoo following her allegations.
More to read about Kpop:
- Meet These 7 Kpop Idols Who Might Join Different Groups
- 5 Best Korean Movies Based on True Stories & Events You Should Watch
- 8 Unique Pairs of KPop Idol Doppelgängers Who Could Be Twins
- 6 Alluring Pictures of Blackpink Jisoo’s Sister
- How to Get Body Goals like These 6 Female K-Idols