ARMY, the time has come once again for the BIG battle! BTS has officially listed their English hit song, “Butter,” into the 64th Grammy Awards Nomination 2022. And this time, the supergroup will be up against strong competitors. So, who are they? Let’s find out.
BTS “Butter” Officially Listed on the 64th Grammy Awards Nomination 2022
Indeed, we truly have to admit that what Yoongi wants, Yoongi gets! As a result, the supergroup leader, BTS, has once again made their big entrance on the Grammy Awards nomination list against various strong competitors.
On October 26, multiple media reported that the Kpop leaders BTS had officially entered the 2022 Grammy Awards nomination with their English hit song, “Butter”.
What Grammy Awards Nomination Category does BTS enter?
According to the reports, BTS “Butter” is the first song included in the 2022 Grammy Awards nomination. The Kpop leaders have submitted the song be under the ‘BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE’ category.
The Strong Competitors BTS Will Be Up Against
Furthermore, the Kpop phenomenon BTS will be up against multiple strong contestants in the ‘BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE’ category:
- “I Get A Kick Out Of You” by Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga
- “Lonely” by Justin Bieber & Benny Blanco
- “Butter” by BTS
- “Higher Power” by Coldplay
- “Kiss Me More” by Doja Cat Featuring SZA
Although this may seem to be a fierce competition, BTS has never once backed out from any challenge. In fact, the super septet has ALWAYS managed to prove their quality in both music and performance, making them come out on top many, MANY times.
That is why last year, even when BTS didn’t get to take home the trophy for the 2021 Grammy Awards, they still managed to light up the stage like magnificent dynamite.
64th Grammy Awards 2022 Timeline Schedule
BTS “Butter” is the first song they have submitted into the 2022 Grammy Awards nomination, but it may not be the last. After all, the 64th Grammy Award 2022 voting has just started according to the following schedule.
- First Round of Voting: October 22 – November 5, 2021
- 64th Grammy Awards Nominations Announcement: November 23, 2021
- Final Round of Voting: December 6, 2021 – January 5, 2022
- 64th Grammy Awards Telecast: January 31, 2022
So, prepare yourself for another surprise from our beloved Kpop leader, ARMY and Kpop fans! Do you think BTS will enter more submissions into the 64th Grammy Awards 2022 Nomination? Which song or album do you think they will submit? Please, feel free to share your thoughts in our comment section and stay with us for more updates.
In the meantime, here’s a sneak peek behind the 63rd Grammy Awards last year from BTS official YouTube channel.
Subscribe to the Kpoppost Telegram channel for our latest stories and breaking news.
More to read about Kpop and Kdrama:
- BTS Back on Stage: to Perform in iHeart Radio Jingle Ball 2021 in Los Angeles with Ed Sheeran and Dua Lipa + Timeline Schedule
- These Ex-Kpop Idols Open Up How They Were Pushed to Meet the Korean Beauty Standard
- Step-By-Step GUIDE: Big Hit Music Global Audition 2021, Become Successful Artists like BTS!
- LISTEN: BLACKPINK Calling You in “Dear Earth” Climate Change Campaign + STAY Live Performance, Will You Join Them?
- 10 New Korean Dramas for You to Watch in November 2021