On March 30, EXO member Baekhyun released his new 3rd mini-album, which can be said as a tribute to love, ‘Bambi.’ The third mini-album of EXO Baekhyun tops many charts and broke previous sales records. Check out six facts about EXO Baekhyun’s new mini-album below.
6 Fun Facts about EXO Baekhyun New 3rd Solo Mini Album “BAMBI” Achievement & Sales
1. EXO Baekhyun dedicated his 3rd mini-album, ‘Bambi,’ as a parting gift for EXO-L before his military hiatus.
EXO member Baekhyun will be enlisting in mandatory military service next month. He conveyed that his new 3rd mini album is a gift for his fans before military hiatus through an online press conference.
“EXO fans have loved me for the past ten years, and I’ve been happy throughout my 20s. So, before having a military hiatus, I wanted to show my love and appreciation to them. Thus, I’ve put a lot of hard work and effort into this project.”
2. Pre-orders of EXO Baekhyun solo album “Bambi” sales reached over 800,000 copies
According to SM Entertainment, pre-orders for EXO member Baekhyun’s new 3rd solo mini-album ‘Bambi’ sales have hit a total of 833,392 copies as of March 29.
BAEKHYUN records over 830,000 pre-orders for his new mini album ‘Bambi’, breaking his own record!— EXO (@weareoneEXO) March 30, 2021
To release ‘Bambi’ + its MV today at 6PM KST as well as have a Naver V LIVE today at 5PM KST!#백현 #BAEKHYUN#엑소 #EXO #weareoneEXO#밤비 #Bambi
3. Baekhyun ‘Bambi’ tops the iTunes Top Album charts.
In just one day, ‘Bambi’ tops the iTunes Top Album charts of 56 international regions. His second mini-album, ‘Delight,’ which was released in May last year, swept the charts in 69 regions worldwide.
BAEKHYUN’s global chart reign starts as his new mini album ‘Bambi’ tops the iTunes Top Album charts of 56 international regions!— EXO (@weareoneEXO) March 31, 2021
Proves himself as the ‘Top Solo’ once again with ‘Bambi’!#백현 #BAEKHYUN#엑소 #EXO #weareoneEXO#밤비 #Bambi
4. First South Korean solo artist with two albums and highest 1st day of sales on Hanteo.
After the release, ‘Bambi’ officially sold over 760,140 album copies on the first day of release and surpassing his own record with “Delight” (626,779) on Hanteo.
.@B_hundred_Hyun “Bambi” is now the album by a Korean Soloist with the Highest 1st Day Sales on Hanteo in History!— EXOMinistry🌎 (@MinistryOfEXO) March 30, 2021
Becoming the 1st album by a Korean Soloist to surpassed 760K copies sold on Hanteo on its 1st day! pic.twitter.com/mDvgD96y22
5. Baekhyun’s mini-album “Bambi” ranked first in QQ Music.
Bambi ranked first in QQ Music, China’s leading music site. It has certified Gold in just 2 minutes and has been certified Double Platinum in 1 day and 14 minutes since release. Moreover, Baekhyun has become the 1st Korean male artist to get Platinum Certification in 2021.
6. EXO Baekhyun and IU “Fight” for topping the music charts
The Saga continues. EXO Baekhyun and IU meet again and fighting for topping the music charts for the fourth time. Starting from; Obsession vs. Bluming, Leo vs. Eight, Candy vs. Eight, and now Bambi vs. Lilac. Well, who knows, in the future, they might have a duet to end the fight. Would you like to see EXO Baekhyun and IU duet?
EXO-L, let’s enjoy EXO Baekhyun “Bambi”!
More to read about Kpop:
- 10 Reasons to Watch EXO Chanyeol Film “The Box” The Box Office No.1
- Watch EXO D.O. (Do Kyung Soo) New Movies “The Moon” & “The Secret”
- 8 Fun facts of EXO Baekhyun Japan 1st Solo Mini-Album “BAEKHYUN”
- 8 Facts You Have to Know about SMTOWN LIVE “Culture Humanity” Online Concert
- EXO KAI Finally Released Solo Debut Album with an Alluring “Mmmh” MV