1,785 total views, 1 views today
On January 3, BTS Jimin shared a ‘moment‘ on Weverse. He wrote an apology, “#Jungin-ahI’mSorry,” out of the blue, which made his fans curious and concerned. Soon, the discussion of a child abuse case that Jimin raised reached Twitter and infuriated the ARMY.
Child Abuse Case in South Korea
On October 13, 2020, the Seoul Yangcheon Police Office arrested Jang and Ahn, adoptive parents of a little girl named Jung In. They were accused of causing the death of Jung In.
Earlier, both the adoptive parents denied the allegation. They said that they have nothing to do with the death of Jung In.” However, we will never hide the truth forever. Police finally announced that the adoptive father of Jung In had filmed over 800 videos of Jang physically and mentally abusing Jung In.
What infuriated ARMY and netizens?
The case was investigated seriously only after Jung In had lost her life at the hospital. The autopsy revealed that the 16-month-old girl’s cause of death to be “damages to the abdomen by an external force.”
Worse, they have appeared on a TV show as a loving family
The family of Jang and Anh, with their kids (including Jung In), had appeared on an EBS’s TV Show, “One Average Family.” On the TV show, they looked like a happy and loving family.
Even more, Ahn stated in the interview that, “I wanted to show the world that not only celebrities but also people like us can choose to adopt. Adoption is not something to be ashamed of, but rather something to be celebrated.”
Here is Jung In’s condition before and after adoption
Petitions for Jang and Ahn
People worldwide are furious with the child abuse news, as they made two petitions for Jang and Ahn to be tried for attempted murder vs. child abuse. Shockingly, each of the petitions has garnered over 200,000 signatures.
BTS Jimin Weverse Moment Echoing the Concern
As for a Kpop idol, BTS Jimin is also concerned about the child abuse in South Korea issue. By sharing a moment on Weverse, saying, “JungIn-Ah, I’m Sorry,” he notified his fans about this case. On Jimin Weverse moment, he got several comments, like:
- “Absoluetly disheartening 💔,” -LopezKarla
- “Dear army and Bts let’s work together to end child abuse…team work makes the dream work,” -siddhikas
- “rest in peace jeongin,” x3s
- “rest in peace #정인아미안해,” JohnJohnGud
- “#정인아 미안해 💜💜💜💜 #sorrryjeongin-ahh💜💜💜 I am not a Korean, I live far away, but my heart is broken when I hear the news about you. I’m in tears and pain. All I can do is just pray, beg to be there and visit you. This world is too cruel for you. I want you to know, we are always with you, we love you, 정인아 미안해 💖💜🌼🌺💐🌸🥺💞 #정인아 미안해 #정인아 미안해 #정인아 미안해 #sorrryjeongin-ahh💜💜💜 #restinheaven💜💜💜,” –♥️♣️마음의평화♣♥
- “Chim Chim… Not your fault. I also feel sorry for the baby….,” -DIVYANI
Trending: #JungInImSorry on Twitter
After the out-of-the-blue apology from Jimin on Weverse, Netizens brought it to trend on Twitter. It shows that many people all around the world concern about Jung In case. Besides, it also raises awareness of the numbers of child abuse in South Korea, as well as other places on Earth.
What heartbreaking news
my heart is broken #junginimsorry— mevsiee⁷🐻 (@jimintchocolate) January 3, 2021
it break's my heart..how can anyone do this— 01.03 (@mikosfairy) January 4, 2021
Jung In deserves justice
It breaks my heart knowing that a poor young soul has left us. Jungin deserved the love and care of a true family. Jungin will forever be in our prayers and our hearts 💜🤍#Jungin #junginimsorry #SorryJungin #정인아_미안해pic.twitter.com/DPimMepSV3— 💜 Darian⁷ 1+1+2+2+1=7 (@darianzuleth) January 4, 2021
Rest In Peace, Little Jung In
Rest in peace little angel. #정인아_미안해 that we couldn't save you. Hope you are happy in there.— ᴮᴱSoo Choi⁷💜 (@choi_bts2) January 3, 2021
Our beautiful angel rest in peace …— Melika.hasani (@Melikahasani1) January 3, 2021
I wish you have good life in other life
I wish you live more in other life
I wish you have good parents who them loves you so much
At end, I wish you smile more #junginimsorry #정인아_미안해#Jungin
More to read about Kpop:
- Red Velvet Irene Personally Apologized for her Poor Attitude Controversy
- Golden Child Bong Jaehyun Is Tested positive for COVID19
- BLACKPINK Concerns and Speaks Up About Climate Change for UN Climate Summit in the UK
- TWITTER Announced the Most-Tweeted Kpop Accounts of 2020
- BTS Emotional Speech on the First South Korea’s Youth Day 2020